I believe all of us have our own likes and dislikes in terms of food choices. Everyone has different tastebuds, which results in everybody enjoying various types of food. Some may prefer spicy adventures, while others may have a sweet tooth.
Nevertheless, we should always consume a wide array of substances, because different food possess different vitamins and nutrients. For example, if we do not eat vegetables at all, we would not be able to gain the health benefits vegetables provide us with.
Benefits of Eating Vegetables
- Low in fat and calories
- Minimal cholesterol
- Provides potassium, which helps maintain healthy blood pressure
- Provides dietary fiber, which propels bowel function and lowers risk of heart disease
- Provides folic acid, which improves formation of red blood cells
- Provides Vitamin A, which keeps skin smooth and boosts immunity against infections
- Provides Vitamin C, which aids wound healing and increases iron absorption
We need to maintain a balanced diet in order to remain healthy. Yes, you may not like the food. But you don’t have to eat an entire bowl full of it! Just chug few spoonful of it into your mouth and dilute the disgusting taste with your favourite fruit juice.
It’s natural to be picky, but we should always try a particular food out first. If it’s not to your liking, then eat it in smaller amounts in the future. If you avoid it entirely, your health will avoid you entirely as well. By then, you’ll be stuck in bed, suffering and regretting ;_;
Thank you for reading! ^^